Guns Save Lives In The Hands Of Honest People
Since the 2nd Amendment gives US citizens the right to have a firearm for the purpose of defending themselves against their own government, and removing that right or nullifying it by restricting firearms to non-military type weapons is seen by many citizens as an intolerable violation of one of the most important constitutional rights of a citizen, facts are useful in the current discussion about gun control. Here are 9 inconvenient truths for gun control advocates to ponder:
1. Germany has 5X the private guns per capita as Britian but half the murder rate.
2. Gun ownership in Russia is much less than in the US but it has 2X the murder rate.
3. Guns were banned in DC and Chicago yet afterward the two cities had two of the highest murder rates by guns in US. When guns were reinstated, both city’s murder rate dropped at a higher rate than the national average.
4. National Academy of Sciences 2004 study on guns and violence found no credible evidence that gun control controlled violence.
5. It is just as easy to shoot 30 unarmed people with a handgun as it is with an assault rifle, as demonstrated at Virginia Tech.
6. It is just as easy to shoot 30 unarmed people with a bolt-action, single-shot deer-hunting rifle as it is with an assault rifle, as demonstrated at the University of Texas.
7. People unintentionally killed 600 other people with a gun in the US in 2009. People unintentionally killed 33,000 other people with their car in the US in 2009. People unintentionally killed by poison in the US in 2009 – 31,000.
8. Of 30,000 deaths by gun in the US in 2009, 18,000 were suicides, 2000 were gang-on-gang killings and 600 were justifiable homicides (self defense). 7000 were non-gang homicides. In the same year, 10,000 motorists were killed by drunk drivers.
9. Children in schools that have no guns to defend them are victims waiting to happen no matter what gun controls are enacted.
Guns in the hands of honest, law-abiding citizens save lives and property. Gun-control laws adversely affect only law-abiding citizens.
* In 1929 the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* In 1911 Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews, Gypsies, political dissidents and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. Let us also remember that Hitler was voted into office by the people and was very well liked. The German people wouldn’t believe that he would do bad things for Germany. How did that work out for them?
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents were unable to defend themselves and were exterminated.
* Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians and political enemies unable to defend themselves were exterminated.
* Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1957 to 1977, one million educated people unable to defend themselves were exterminated.
* Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians unable to defend themselves were exterminated.
* Take note, my fellow Americans, before it is too late.